India has kick-started its vaccination drive for these over 60 years of age, and inside the age bracket of 45-59 years with specified co-morbidities. If you’re eligible and need to get vaccinated quickly, Dr Kirti Sabnis, infectious illness specialist at Fortis Hospital, Kalyan & Mulund, shares some precautionary measures and dos and don’ts which you could comply with. Read on.
* Check the Aarogya Setu app or the COWIN web site to establish the closest vaccination heart and register.
* For these within the 45-59 years bracket, carry your doctor’s prescription to the vaccination heart.
* Talk to your physician about any potential interactions or allergy symptoms prematurely.
* In correspondence with the date and time of your vaccination, attain the vaccination heart.
* Follow the directions by the vaccination heart.
* Maintain a six-feet distance whereas standing/sitting as you await your flip.
* Avoid crowding, and cooperate with the authorities; their directions will assist you may have a clean vaccination expertise.
* Always put on your masks, and carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser with you.
* Minor allergy symptoms usually are not contraindications for vaccination. If you may have allergy symptoms, please verify together with your physician previous to visiting the vaccination heart.
After your first shot, self-care turns into essential
* Vaccinated folks ought to proceed to put on masks, keep away from assembly in massive teams and indoor gatherings.
* Travelling to locations the place there’s no method to know if the folks round you may have been vaccinated, will proceed to be dangerous.
* After vaccination, chances are you’ll expertise frequent side-effects similar to ache, gentle fever, tiredness, and many others., so drink loads of fluids, apply a clear, cool, moist washcloth over the injection web site.
* Speak together with your doctor instantly, in the event you expertise discomfort after taking the vaccine; upon their advice, chances are you’ll take acceptable treatment to sort out the discomfort.
* Eat nutritious meals to enhance your immunity.
* Ensure you get good sleep; keep away from alcohol, smoking.
“Do not overlook that getting vaccinated does imply the tip of a pandemic. Continue following the social distancing norms and preserve all beneficial precautions. Taking your vaccination is one of the best step in the direction of preventing the pandemic,” says Dr Sabnis.