AIIMS director Dr Randeep Guleria, Medanta chairman Dr Naresh Trehan, Professor & HoD of Medicine AIIMS Dr Naveet Wig and director basic Health Services Dr Sunil Kumar addressed points associated to the Covid scenario in India and urged measures that folks ought to undertake amid the second wave.
Here are the important thing messages from the highest medical experts-
Director AIIMS Delhi, Dr Randeep Guleria
– It’s (Covid) delicate an infection and in solely 10-15% of individuals it will get severe.
– Saturation above 90 in blood, is okay and there isn’t any want for further Oxygen.
– Remdesivir not a magic bullet, it is given to solely sufferers who’re hospitalised, have reasonable to extreme illness and whose oxygen saturation is under 93.
Chairman Medanta Dr Naresh Trehan
– As quickly as your RT-PCR report comes optimistic, my recommendation can be to seek the advice of your native physician with whom you are in contact.
– All docs know protocol & will start your remedy accordingly.
Professor & HoD of Medicine AIIMS Dr Naveet Wig
– If we have to defeat the illness, we’ll have to avoid wasting healthcare employees.
– Many of healthcare employees are testing optimistic. If we save healthcare employees, they will be capable of save sufferers. If we save each, solely then will we be capable of save financial system. It’s linked.
– To hyperlink all of this we must break the chain, we must convey down the variety of sufferers.
– Our solely aim needs to be to interrupt the chain.
– All dist officers should monitor the district’s positivity fee & goal to maintain it under 1-5%. Mumbai had 26% positivity fee at one level however after extreme restrictions, it got here right down to 14%. Delhi is struggling at 30%. We should impose strict restrictions.
Director General Health Services Dr Sunil Kumar
– 2020 introduced a brand new virus & we weren’t ready. GoI carried its responsibility responsibly and ramped up testing functionality.
– We should have religion that our govt takes concrete and scientific steps with solutions from docs, microbiologists, epidemiologists
– Don’t focus a lot on information, watch solely choose information. There is a WhatsApp university happening. Don’t take note of it. Follow accountable behaviour. This behaviour must be adopted by you, docs, society in addition to the media
– There has been a number of rumour-mongering round vaccines. There is not any severe side-effect connected to them, somewhat it is negligible. Vaccine & Covid acceptable behaviour are two issues that can assist us break the chain