Farmers rally Tractor parade turns capital raid India News
We Care...!!!

NEW DELHI: The script had been learn out and the crimson traces drawn, however nothing went as deliberate when the farmers took out their tractor rally on Tuesday. A splash to the center of Delhi on rushing tractors that rammed barricades and even threatened to mow down policemen, widespread vandalism and destruction of public property and extended clashes with the cops marred a two-month-long peaceable agitation on the farm legal guidelines. This was capped with the unfurling of the Sikh non secular flag, Nishan Sahib, at Red Fort whilst cops have been battling the protesters within the foreground.
The leaders who had promised a peaceable march and will have reined within the hotheads did the disappearing act and the volunteers who have been supposed to maintain the rally on target weren’t be seen anyplace. This was a pyrrhic victory, bitter harvest of what turned out to be a rudderless agitation when it got here to hitting the streets.
Police confirmed extraordinary restraint as use of drive towards farmers was by no means on the desk throughout discussions amongst the brass. However, this technique landed over 120 cops within the hospital, half of them with extreme accidents. A number of are vital and in ICU. A farmer driving a tractor dangerously crashed into barricades close to ITO and died on the spot.
Ignoring the schedule of 12pm to 5pm that had been agreed upon for the tractor rally, the protesters at Singhu and Ghazipur borders had begun difficult the cops as early as 6.30am. They quickly started making makes an attempt to interrupt by the barricades. This was even earlier than the Republic Day parade had begun. By 8am, the barricades at Singhu have been down and 45 minutes later, Tikri too had been breached. The tractor rally was on, nonetheless on target.
By 10am, round 6,000-7,000 tractors had entered Delhi, cocking a snook at police and violating nearly all mutually agreed phrases and situations. When this group reached Mukarba Chowk on G T Karnal Road round 10.40am, it insisted on transferring in direction of Central Delhi, as an alternative of occurring the predesignated route. The cops tried to motive with them however the farmers, led by Nihangs on horses carrying swords and kirpans, charged at police and broke a number of layers of barricades between Mukarba Chowk and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar. The protesters have been teargassed and delicate drive used however to no avail.
Meanwhile, a bit of farmers at Ghazipur border smashed the barricades at a number of factors and headed in direction of ITO, by Akshardham and Millennium Park, the place they have been joined by some farmers from Singhu. Things have been getting chaotic at Tikri too. Here, a bit of the protesters refused to show in direction of Najafgarh and insisted on marching in direction of Peeragarhi and Central Delhi, resulting in day-long clashes with the cops.
However, it was at ITO that the protesters met with stiff resistance from the cops which turned the intersection right into a battleground. The farmers turned violent and broke barricades, broken iron railings and dividers and even tried to run over the policemen with their tractors. Around 12.35pm, the cops fired teargas shells and lathicharged the protesters, setting off a cat-and-mouse recreation. The protesters pelted the cops with stones.
With the arrival of reinforcements after the conclusion of the R-Day parade, police succeeded in stopping them from coming into the New Delhi district and transferring in direction of Parliament. One part of protesters then turned in direction of Red Fort with one other staying placed on Vikas Marg.
Having reached the ramparts of Red Fort, the protesters hoisted the Nishan Sahib amidst a lot cheering whilst police have been being attacked within the neighborhood. It was solely late at evening that some order could possibly be restored and the group faraway from the realm.
The clashes between police and farmers continued all through the day. Most of the incidents have been reported from Mukarba Chowk, Ghazipur, ITO, Seemapuri, Nangloi, Tikri Border and Red Fort.
Delhi Police — caught between overseeing R-Day safety and dealing with the spiralling violence — used delicate drive, together with teargas, and suspended web at many locations. The request for the latter was made by the particular cell to the house ministry which gave the order with out a lot of an affect.
According to intelligence officers, issues spun uncontrolled because the protesters have been nearly leaderless. While the talks had been held with the aged union leaders, kids took cost on Tuesday morning, refusing to heed any counselling or directions by police, with the leaders having disappeared from the scene.
Reacting to the day’s developments, police commissioner S N Shrivastava mentioned, “The time and the routes for the tractor rally were finalised after several rounds of meetings. But the farmers drove their tractors off the routes and before the fixed time, leading to vandalism in which many police personnel were injured.”
“Public property has also been damaged. I appeal to the protesting farmers not to indulge in violence, maintain peace and return through the designated routes,” he added.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »